History of Liberty National Bank
Serving Customers Since 1893
A new bank was organized and opened for business in Ada, Ohio, October 3rd, 1893. It was first chartered
and organized as a State bank under Ohio laws and was known as the Ada Savings Bank. The original capital structure was $25,000.00.
On June 8th, 1901, the bank was granted a charter to operate as a National
bank and it was then that it became know as the First National Bank of Ada. When the Federal Reserve System was formed in 1913 the First National Bank
immediately became a member. The Liberty Bank was organized in April of 1902. By October of 1902 deposits in the Liberty Bank totaled $66,500.00.
For many years these two banks served the Ada area.
In 1958, the Board of Directors of these two institutions joined forces and decided to merge the two banks for the good of the community.
By September 30, 1958 this was accomplished. At the time of the merger our present name, Liberty National Bank, was adopted and total assets
exceeded $4,000,000.00. Our new bank building was completed and dedicated in 1961.
In 1987 Liberty Bancshares, Inc., a one bank holding company, was formed to acquire the assets and liabili-
ties of Liberty National Bank and two branch facilities of the Huntington National Bank located in Kenton
and Alger, Ohio. This acquisition was completed on September 18, 1987 and Liberty National Bank increased its asset
base from $47 million to $105 million. The Liberty National Bank of Ada was shortened to the present name of Liberty National Bank effective April 9, 1991.
On May 20th, 1996 Liberty National Bank expanded its market base by opening a
new branch in Bellefontaine, Ohio, located in Logan County.
On December 26, 1997, Liberty National Bank acquired the
Plaza Office in Kenton, Ohio from The Com- mercial Savings Bank, an affiliate of Commercial Bancshares, Inc., Upper Sandusky, Ohio.
In the transaction, the Company acquired approximately $384,000 of assets and assumed $9.9 million of deposit liabilities.
On July 31, 2002, Liberty National Bank closed its Alger location.
On October 13, 2006, Liberty National Bank acquired the Ada Branch of The National Bank and Trust
Company, Wilmington, Ohio. In the transaction, Liberty National Bank acquired approximately $4.5 million of assets
and assumed $19.4 million of deposit liabilities.
Liberty National Bank decided to take the next step and grow into a new market. On August 9, 2007, Liberty National Bank had its ground-breaking
ceremony for a new office in Marysville, Ohio. The Grand Opening
for the Marysville Office was January 28, 2008.
On July 2009, Liberty National Bank entered into a contingent sales agreement with The Kroger Company
on the sale of the Liberty National Bank Kenton Plaza office. On September 25, 2009, Liberty National
Bank closed the Kenton Plaza office.
Liberty National Bank expanded its presence on the south end of Bellefontaine and opened its second location on October 1, 2012.
On August 4, 2016, Liberty National Bank ventured into the Westerville area,
opening a Loan Production Office. Liberty National Bank now resides in Hardin, Franklin, Logan and Union Counties.